Chris Nichols, MD is one of the most experienced Olympia plastic surgeons specializing in thigh lift surgery. This procedure is designed for men and women who wish to remove excess fat and skin tissue from their thighs, sculpt the underlying muscles and achieve a tighter, more youthful thigh appearance. Dr. Nichols is proud to be regarded as a top thigh lift surgeon who has helped numerous patients realize their dreams of beautiful, shapely thighs. To learn more about this procedure and how it can help you achieve your aesthetic goals, please read the information below.
before and after photos
A thigh lift is a procedure that removes, reshapes and tightens the thighs. This procedure is for people who want to change the appearance of excess skin on their legs. This surgery removes excess skin and sometimes fat resulting in smoother, better proportioned contour of the thighs.
The ideal candidate for a thigh lift is someone who:
- Physically healthy with stable weight maintenance
- Doesn’t smoke
- Is bothered by the shape or skin laxity of thighs
- Is committed to maintaining a healthy lifestyle
PREPARING FOR THE CONSULTATION AND SURGERY
Come prepared to discuss any questions you may have during the consultation as well as:
- Your goals for surgery
- Current medications, allergies, drug use, smoking and alcohol consumption
- Personal and family health history such as diabetes, cancer, anemia, lung or heart problems
- Previous surgeries
During the consultation we will:
- Examine and take measurements of your thighs
- Discuss incision position and length
- Evaluate your overall health and any pre-existing health conditions
- Take pre-op photos
- Discuss how the procedure is performed and what your likely outcome will be
- Talk about any risks or potential complications
Prior to your surgery we may ask you to:
- Pick up any medications needed for after your surgery
- Stop smoking
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatory drugs that can increase bleeding
- Have pre procedural testing done if you have pre-existing health conditions
RISKS AND SAFETY
During your consultation the risks and possible complications of having surgery will be discussed.
Some possible risks that you may have questions about are:
- Anesthesia risks
- Breast contour and shape irregularities
- Blood clots
- Unfavorable scarring
- Fluid accumulation
- Major wound separation
- Skin discoloration and/ or swelling
- Wrinkling of the skin over the implant
- Skin loss
- Fat necrosis
- Possibility of revisional surgery
- Poor healing of incisions
- Unfavorable scarring
- Recurrent looseness of skin
Our anesthesiologist will meet with you on the day of your procedure to discuss the type of sedation that will be used. All major surgical procedures at Pearl Plastic Surgery are done under general anesthesia.
The incision will start near the front of the groin area, move inward towards the midline of the body and then extends down toward the knee. The underlying tissue of the leg will be tightened and reshaped. The skin will be reduced and placed in a more youthful position for smoother body contours.
Closing the Incisions
After the tissue is removed and placed in its new position and the remaining skin is tightened and the incisions are closed. Dissolvable sutures are layered within the tissue to create the support that is needed for the newly shaped thigh. The incisions are closed using dissolvable sutures and will be covered in steristrips. The sutures will not need to be removed and the steristrips can be removed two weeks post op if they have not fallen off on their own.
Recovery After Surgery
Immediately following your surgery you will be placed into a post surgical support garment to minimize swelling. You will be monitored closely by our nurses until you are awake and ready to go home. Before leaving you and your caretaker will be given specific instructions on how to take care of your breasts and drains, how and when to take medications, when to follow up, and signs for any concerns.
Thigh lift results are almost immediately visible, however; it may take several months to see the final results. The swelling and bruising will diminish over time. Your results are relatively permanent depending on stable weight and healthy lifestyle. As your body ages you will continue to see natural sagging on skin. Scars from the surgery are permanent but will continue to fade as time passes.